Units of Time Game
This units of time math conversion manila envelope game works great as a math center activity! Also a great way to teach common core standard CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1. Units of time include conversions between days, weeks, months, years, seconds, minutes, centuries, and more. Students can work alone or in groups to match up one unit (the letters) such as 1 minute with its equivalent (the number cards) such as 60 seconds. When they have matched up all 10 cards they can flip the cards over to reveal a pattern. If their pattern matches the one on the answer key they know they got them all correct!
What's Included in the Math Conversions Games Bundle?
These Math Conversions Manila Envelope Games make for great math center activities! Students can work alone or in groups to match the letters on the envelopes (one unit, i.e. one week) with the number cards (it's equivalent unit, i.e. 7 days). After students match up all of the cards they can turn them over to reveal a pattern. If their pattern matches that of the answer key, they know they got them all correct!
Also a great way to teach common core standard CCSS.Math.Content.4.MD.A.1. This package includes 5 games: Units of Time (i.e. days/weeks), Metric Units, Customary Units, Military Times and Roman Numerals.
1. Units of Time - in this game students convert different units of time (i.e. days in a year, days in a week, hours in a day, minutes in an hour, seconds in a minute, etc.)
2. Metric Units - in this game students convert different metric units such as meters to kilometers, centimeters to meters, grams to kilograms, and more.
3. Customary Units - for this game students convert customary units such as inches to feet, feet to miles, ounces to cups, quarts to gallons and so on.
4. Military Time - for this game students convert standard time to military time and vice versa (i.e. 1:00am to 0100, 2:30pm to 1430, etc.).
5. Roman Numerals - in this game students convert numbers to roman numerals (i.e. 10 to X, 4 to IX, etc.)
So Many Ways to Use Them!
Response to Intervention (RTI)
Spare Time Activities
Large or Small Group Instruction
Indoor Recess Activities